duminică, 14 aprilie 2019

Grandfather's clock

I don’t remember when a pendulum clock appeared in our room. It was located in a wooden box with the door and the sides covered in glass. Dad hung it on the wall, believing that we will be tempted to check it out. We couldn’t reach it, but we curiously watched it from afar. 
 
Once a week, dad used to open the little door and „pull” the watch. It had a small key like those of mechanical toys and with it he turned the clock spring. 
 
The pendulum moved alternatively towards left and right „saying”: tic, tac... 
 
I liked that clock, because I was „reading” it from afar and, besides that, it had a pleasant sound that announced, like the clock from the tower of the Catholic Church, one hour with a bang, two with two bangs, and so on. Even in the dark I knew what time it was. At half an hour, it had a single bang. 
 
After many years, I still think of that clock as a friend left in the town of my childhood and it’s like I can almost hear its „song”.

Safely -
the pendulum movement
unruffled



(tr. Bianca Alexandra Lala)


Niciun comentariu: